外研版英语七年级下册 Module 2 Unit3 Language in use 教案
Unit3 Language in use
1. Function Finding out what people can do; asking and answering about abilities 2. Structure can / can’t 3. Around the world : Languages 4. Task: Making a poster for a club.
情态动词 can / can’t 的用法>
Tape recorder, OHP, handouts
Step 1 1Add two or three more activities to the list. 2.Ask the students to write questions for each activity. Can you fly a kite? 3.Work with another pair. Ask and answer the questions you wrote in Activity 1. — Can you fly a kite? — Yes, I can. / No, I can’t. 4.Give a report of your questions and answers to the rest of the class. Step 2 Complete the passage. 1. Ask the students to read the words in the box in Activity 5. beautiful Chinese monitor piano tidy 2. Read through the passage in Activity 5.
I like playing the (1)__________. I am Chinese so I can speak (2)__________ very well and I can
speak English too. I am very (3)__________ and I help my mum to clean our home. I want to be
the cleaning (4)__________ at school because I want to make our classroom (5)__________.
3. Complete the passage with the correct form of the words from the box.
4. Ask the students to check with a partner.
5. Check the answers:
Around the world: Languages.
1. Show some pictures
2. Ask the students to look at the picture and discuss what they can see.
3. Talk something about the countries and languages.
There are six official languages of the United Nations. Can you speak these languages? Can you
4. Read through the information with the whole class.
Module task: Making a poster for a club.
1. Work in groups of three or four. Talk about a new school club.
Choose a name for the club.
Choose a day and time for the club.
2. Ask people to join the club.
Can you sing?
Can you play the piano?
Come and join the Music Club!
Mondays 4: 30 pm
The Music Room
Step 5 情态动词句式变化： 1. 在变否定句时，直接在 can 后加上“not”,可缩写成 can’t 或 cannot, 但不能写成 cann’t。例 如： He can swim. → He can’t swim. Tony can see the pen on the desk.→ Tony cannot see the pen on the desk. 2. 在变一般疑问句时，直接移到主语前（原主语的首字母改成小写，第一人称应变为第二 人称）即可。例如： I can see an orange on the table. → Can you see an orange on the table? 其回答可用 Yes, OK 或 Certainly 等作肯定回答；用 No 或 Sorry 等作否定回答。例如： —Can you look after my dog, please? 你能照看一下我的狗吗？ —OK. 可以。 用 Certainly 回答。此时语气更为肯定。例如： —Can I see your piano? 我能看看你的钢琴吗？ —Certainly. 当然可以。 Step 6 Homework 1. Make a poster. Draw a picture for your club. 2. Show and talk about your poster with your classmate.