Unit 3 Language in use
Big Ben Buckingham Palace buy some presents
British Museum Chinese restaurant
1. My grandpa w__a_s_ (be) born a year later. 2. They s_t_a_r_te_d_ (start) school when theyw_e_re__
(be) five. 3. They _w_e_n_t_ (go) to school in different towns. 4. My grandpa _m_e_t_ (meet) my grandma when
they _w__er_e_ (be) young. 5. He _m__a_rr_i_e_d_ (marry) her two years later.
1. To summarize and consolidate the irregular verbs in past simple tense
2. To Wh-questions should be emphasized 3. Key points: The past form of verbs must be practiced well.
? Who was with you? ?What did you do? ? How long did it take to get there?
We saw the homes of the movie stars.
We didn’t see the homes of the movie stars.
Did we see the homes of the movie stars? Yes, we did./ No, we didn’t.
What did we see? We saw the homes of the movie stars.
It took two hours to go there.
It didn’t take two hours to go there.
went to didn’t
work go to by bus. work by
Did it take How long two hours to did it take go there? to go there?
Yes, it did./No, it didn’t.
It took two hours to go there.
Did she go to How did she
work by bus? go to work?
She went to
did./No, she work by bus.
1 Ask and answer about your holidays.
by plane/train do shopping meet…at the airport/station
spend all day
如：Where/ go? — Where did you go on holiday? — I went to …
1. Who / go with? 4. who / meet?
2. When / go?
5. what/ do?
6. how long/stay?
1. — Who did you go with? — I went with my parents.
2. — When did you go? — Last month.
3. — How did you go? — By train.
4. — Who did you meet? — I met my father’s classmate.
5. — what did you do? — I bought some presents.
6. — How long did you stay? — I stayed for a week.
2 Write the questions and your partner's answers.
Where did you go on holiday?
I went to Hainan.
1. — Where did you go on holiday? — I went to Hainan
2. — Who did you go with? — I went with my grandparents.
3. — When did you go? — I went there last summer.
4. — How did you get there? — I got there by air.
5. — Who did you meet? — I met Liu Xiang.
6. — What did you do? — I went swimming in the sea.
7. — How long did you stay? — I stayed for about two weeks.
4 Choose the correct answer.
√ 1. Today is Wednesday, so yesterday / tomorrow was Tuesday.
√ 2. I was there last / next week. √ 3. I’m going to travel around the world many
years ago / in the future.
4. They’re eating at a great restaurant right now / soon.
√ √ 5. The palace was not open in 1995 / 2103.
5 Write six things you did last holiday.
1. _O_n__m_y__la_s_t_h_o_l_id_a_y_,_I_b_o_u__g_h_t _so_m__e__ _p_re_s_e_n_t_s_f_o_r_m_y__f_ri_e_n_d_s_. __________
2. ______________________________ 3. ______________________________ 4. ______________________________ 5. ______________________________ 6. ______________________________
Around the w rld
An interesting holiday
Tourists like to do different things on holiday. Some like to learn about the places they see, some like to take photos of themselves in the places they visit, and some just like to take photos of the interesting things they see.
7 Ask and answer about your last holiday.
— Where did you go? — To … — Who did you go with? — My family.
1. How long did you stay? 2. How did you get there? 3. Where did you stay? 4. What did you do?
7 Write an email to your friend about your holiday.
Dear… On my last holiday, I
______________________________________ ______________________________________ _______________________________________ _______________________________________ _______________________________________ _______________________________________ _______________________________________ _____________________________________
1.We visited Beijing last summer. (划线部分提问) W__h__er_e_ did you visit last summer?
2. She did her homework at home yesterday evening. (否定句) She _d_i_d_n_’t__d_o_ her homework at home yesterday evening.
3. He had to stay here for two hours. (划线提问) _H__o_w_l_o_n_g_ did he have to stay here?
1. I _t_o_o_k__ (take) a taxi to school yesterday. 2. I _w__e_n_t_ (go) for a walk but my mother
didn’t come with me. 3. Lucy _w_r_i_te__ (write) a letter to her friend
three days ago. 4. Last Sunday, Peter _s_a_w__ (see) Big Ben
and Buckingham Palace.