Ⅱ. Choose the best answer.
31. As _______ SPCA officer, my uncle loves the homeless animals.
32. Give your puppy a basket _______ in.
B. to sleep
33. The two students saved many people _____ danger of the fire.
34. Sally comes from _____, so she can speak very good _____.
A. French, French B. France, France
C. France, French
D. French, France
35. We’ll go to visit the Great Wall ______ it doesn’t rain tomorrow.
36. Nick can speak a little Chinese, but he knows ____ about English.
C. a few
37. It is safe to ____ the road when there’s a green light.
38. Which place do you like ______, the city or the suburb?
39. When a dog is very young, we should hold him ______ both hands.
40. Mr. Smith has collected over _____ stamps.
A. hundreds of
B. two hundreds
C. two hundred
D. hundred of
41. Learning English helps you ____ more foreign friends.
D. to making
42. Every day a lot of tourist see soldiers _____ the Chinese national flag in the square.
A. to rise
C. to raise
43. I _______ Australia with my family twice, but I still want to travel there again.
B. have visited
D. will visit
44. My aunts works as an architect. She ______ plans of buildings in a construction company.
C. will draw
45. –Simon, shall we travel to Shanghai to visit Ben and Kitty?
A. That’s all right
B. You’re welcome
C. Yes, please
D. That’s a good idea
Ⅲ. Choose the correct words from the box to complete the passage.
The expression “Excuse me” is ___46___ used in the United States than in China. An American says“Excuse me”when he wants to pass ___47___ someone, to leave a party or a dinner or when he finds himself late for an appointment.“Thank you”means to appreciate （ 感 激 ） ___48___ someone has done for you. An American says“Thank you”all day long. For example, he will say“Thank you”to the cashier when he had paid for his food. He will say“Thank you”to a student if he has just answered the question. At home the husband will thank his wife if she brings him a cup of tea. ___49___, the wife thanks her husband for helping her with her housework. So the
American people’s idea of ___50___ polite is quite different from ours.
Ⅳ. Fill in the blanks with the given words in their proper forms.
51. The dog has helped the police catch many ________.（thief） 52. It will be my ________ birthday and my mum will have a big party for me.（twenty） 53. Mr. Li has some ________ friends because he lived in Canada in the past.（Canada） 54. Miss Gao teaches ________ music. We enjoy her lessons very much.（we） 55. My aunt has ________ us to her home.（invitation） 56. My father is a ________ in this construction company.（manage）
Ⅴ. Rewrite the sentences as required.
57. The ambulance man drove the man to the hospital at once.（改为疑问句） ________ the ambulance man _________ the man to the hospital at once?
58. It took me one and a half hours to finish my homework yesterday.（对划线部分提问） ________ ________ did it take you to finish your homework yesterday?
59. We are going to have a basketball match tomorrow.（保持句意基本不变） There ________ going to ________ a football match tomorrow.
60. There are no books in the box.（同义句转换） There ________ ________ books in the box.
61. I spend about ten minutes going to school on foot.（保持句意基本不变） It ________ me about ten minutes to ________ to school.
62. does, a nurse, what, do, in the hospital（连词成句） ____________________________________________________?
Part 3 Reading and Writing
Ⅵ. Reading comprehension
A. Choose the best answer. More than 7 hundred years ago, the Prince of Wales had a very big and brave dog called Gelert. One day, the Prince wanted to go hunting with his guards. He told his dog to stay at home and look after his
baby son. When the Prince came back from hunting, Gelert ran out of the house and jumped up to put his paw（s 爪 子）on the Prince’s chest. Then the Prince saw the blood on Gelert’s paws and head.
“What have you done?”the Prince said. He rushed into his house and looked for his baby son but only found his clothes and some blood on the ground.“You have killed my son.”The Prince said angrily and killed Gelert. Just as Gelert was dying, he tried his best to bark（吠叫）. The Prince heard a baby crying. He ran out of the house and saw his son lying on the ground safely. And there was a dead wolf near his son. Suddenly, the Prince knew that Gelert protected the baby and killed the wolf.
The Prince ran back into the house but Gelert was dead. The Prince was very sad when he knew he had killed his faithful friend. He buried Gelert on the top of a mountain. From then on, the Prince never smiled again.
63. Gelert was the dog of the Prince of ______.
64. The Prince asked _____ to look after his son when he went hunting.
A. his guards
B. his wife
C. his dog
D. Wales D. a wolf
65. When the Prince came back, he found ____.
A. some blood on Gelert’s paws and head
B. his son in the house
C. a dead dog
D. a wolf in the house
66. In fact, Gelert ____ when the Prince went hunting.
A. killed the baby
B. killed the Prince
C. left the Prince’s house
D. saved the baby
67. The Prince never smiled again because ___.
A. Gelert killed the wolf
B. he had buried the dog on the top of a mountain
C. he had killed his faithful friend Gelert
D. Gelert had killed his baby son
B. Choose the words or phrases to complete the passage. If you have no mobile phone, no computer, and no Internet with you, what will you do with your free time?
Will you go ___68___? Harley, a 15-year-old girl from California, US stayed calm. She did something different. Her mobile phone
didn’t work one day, so she decided to try and live ___69___ it. She took a six-week summer travel with some friends.
Harley and other ten teenagers rode their bikes 3,000 miles across the States. With two college students as guides, they started from a beach in Georgia on June 23. They travelled through small towns in the south, and they ___70___ in the mountains. It’s not easy to find a comfortable place to sleep.“It was too hot in the south, and super wet, too.”Harley said. And mosquitoes were around them all the time when sleeping outside.
Although, there were ___71___, no one left the team.“Everyone was hard-working and did everything for the group,”Harley said.“We learned how to live with other people and look after each other.”
From these things, they not only ___72___ themselves, but also opened their eyes.“Southern people are really nice,”Harley said.“Small communities were just like that. It’s a nice change of what most of us are used to. It’s how the rest of the country lives. It’s a whole new world.”
68. A. crazy 69. A. on 70. A. set a fire 71. A. happiness 72. A. trained
B. enjoyable B. for B. watched TV B. difficulties B. taught
C. happy C. with C. made camps C. worries C. learned
D. busy D. without D. hunted animals D. sadness D. practiced
C. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words. An artist, who did not have m___73___ money, but was a very kind man, was coming home by train
o___74___ day. He gave his last few coins（硬币）to a beggar（乞丐）, but then he saw a___75___ one, and found that he did not have any m___76___. He asked the man if he would like to have l___77___ with him, and the beggar was glad to do so, so they went into a small restaurant and had a good meal. In the end, the artist could not pay the bill, of course, so the beggar had to do so.
The artist was very sorry about this, so he said to the beggar, “Come home with me in a taxi, my friend, and I’ll give you back the money f___78___ lunch.”
“Oh, no!” the beggar answered quickly. “I had to pay for your lunch, but I’m not going to pay for your t___79___ home!”
D. Read the passage and answer the following questions. Is zoo life really bad for elephants? Are they really healthier when they walk around free? People talk about
these questions for years. Now researchers（研究者）give scientific evidence（证据）that elephants who walk around free are healthier
and live together than those in zoos. This finding answers a lot of questions about the health of elephants, and it might also bring about some changes in the world’s zoos.
The Ros Club and a group of researchers studied the lifestyle of more than 4,500 elephants. And they find the elephants in the zoo can get illness easily, so they say that being born into a zoo, being moved between zoos, and the possible loss of their mothers, all put the animals at special risk.
They made the study in a European zoo, and the elephants used in this study are from two places, the Amboseli National Park in Kenya and the Myanma Timber Enterprise.
Until these animals’ problems can be solved, the researchers also call for an end to get elephants from their native countries, and they say that the zoos should be strict in feeding elephants. They should make sure there is no harm when they let people watch them.
80. What kind of elephants are healthier and live longer? ____________________________________________________________
81. How many elephants did the Ros Club and a group of researchers study? ____________________________________________________________
82. Where did the researchers make the study? ____________________________________________________________
83. What should they do when they let people watch the elephants? ____________________________________________________________
84. What can you get from the passage? ____________________________________________________________
Write a passage of at least 50 words on the topic“A trip to…”（以“一次去…旅行”为题写一篇不少于 50 个 词的短文）
A. Choose the best answer. Last week was Road Safety Week at Jason’s school. All the students listened to a talk on road safety given by a
police officer. The following is what the police officer said. ” “Most traffic accidents shouldn’t happened. They happened because people were careless. They drove too fast.
This means that if they had to stop suddenly, they couldn’t stop the car at once and hit other cars or people. You need to remember this when you are walking across the street or along the sidewalk.”
“It’s not only drivers who cause accidents. People who walk or ride bikes often cause accidents, too. People sometimes walk out into the street without looking. You should always look on ways before walking into the street. ”
“Does any of you ride a bike? Bickers can cause accidents by changing directions suddenly without warning other road users. Before you turn left, for example, you should check behind you to make sure there aren’t any cars, trucks or buses coming. You should show with your left hand if you want to turn left. You should not turn until the street is clear. ”
“The traffic rules are very simple. If we learn them and obey them, there won’t be traffic accidents any more. ”
1. Most traffic accidents happened because ____.
A. people stopped their cars suddenly
B. people didn’t know the rules
C. people didn’t care whether they had an accident
D. people were not careful
2. People who walk should ______ before they walk into the street.
A. walk slowly
B. look both ways
C. warn other road users
D. never stop suddenly
3. The underlined word“obey”in the last paragraph means ___ in Chinese.
4. The police officer just wanted to tell the students ______.
A. how to drive a car
B. how most traffic accidents happened
C. how to keep safe on the road
D. how to be a good police officer
5. Who needs to obey the traffic rules?
A. People who drive cars
B. People who ride bicycles
C. People who walk on the road
D. All of the above
B. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words. Henry works in a factory. He comes from a poor family and was in school for only four years. He has to do the
hard work, but he’s paid less. He likes to watch football matches very much and s___1___ much time on it. One evening there was a big football match on a playground. He borrowed some money from his friend and
h___2___ there. There were a lot of people there. And all tickets were sold out. He was sad for it. He saw a pole outside the playground and climbed it up quickly. A policeman came and said, “ It’s unsafe stay on it! Come down!”
“Wait a minute, please!”Henry said and just at that moment the policeman heard cheers in the playground and asked in a hurry,“Which team has kicked a goal?”“Ours!”“Wonderful! You can stay there. But take c___3___!” the policeman said happily and left. When the match would s___4___ be over, he came back again and asked, “ Who’s won? ”“ Theirs, 3-2. ”“ Come down, ” the policeman said angrily,“ S___5___ a match isn’t worth watching!”
Henry had to come down. But soon they heard cheers again. The policeman said in a hurry,“Climb up quickly and see who’s kicked a goal!” 1. _________ 2. _________ 3. _________ 4. _________ 5. _________
Part 2 Phonetics, Vocabulary and Grammar （第二部分 语音、词汇和语法）
II. Choose the best answer. (选择最恰当的答案): 31-35 B BBCD 36-40 BABDC 41-45 BDBAD
III. Complete the following passage with the words or phrases in the box. Each can only be used once（. 将下
列单词或词组填入空格。每空格限填一词，每词只能填一次。注意有一个多余选项）： 46.D 47. E 48. A 49 B 50. C IV. Fill in the blanks with the proper forms of the given words. (用所给单词的适当形式填空): 51. thieves 52. twentieth 53. Canadian 54.us 55. invited 56. manager V. Rewrite the following sentences as required. （根据所给要求，改写下列句子。每空格限填一词） 57. Did, drive 58. How long 59. is be 60. isn't any 61. took , go
62. What does a nurse do in the hospital? Part 3 Reading and Writing （第三部分 读写） VI. Reading comprehension （阅读理解） A. Choose the best answer. （根据短文内容，选择最恰当的答案）： 63.D 64. C 65. A 66. D 67. C B. Choose the words or phrases to complete the passage.(选择最恰当的单词或词组完成短文): 68.A 69. D 70. C 71.B 72. A C. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words.（在短文的空格内填入恰当的词，每空格限填 一词，首字母已给）： 73.much 74. one 75. another 76. money 77. lunch 78. for 79. taxi D. Read the passage and answer the following questions.(根据短文内容完整回答下列问题): 80.The elephants who walk around free.
81. More than 4,500 elephants. 82.In a European zoo. 83.They should make sure there is no harm. 84. 略 附加题 1.D 2. B 3. A 4. C 5. D 1. spends 2. hurriedly 3. care 4. soon 5. Such